Ahead of the airing of the interview, former President Donald Trump sent a three-page letter to Holt repeatedly criticizing Barr, while also continuing to push the 2020 election fraud conspiracy.
1. “He was slow, lethargic, and I realized early on that he never had what it takes to make a great Attorney General.”
This description of Barr provides a telling window into how Trump evaluates people: It’s all surface, no substance. And away we go!
2. “He became virtually worthless to Law and Order and Election Integrity.”
Why is “Law and Order” capitalized here? Is it a reference to the long-running show on NBC? Inquiring minds want to know! And don’t even get me started on “Election Integrity.”
3. “They broke him just like a trainer breaks a horse.”
4. “Despite massive amounts of evidence, with far more produced after his leaving, he refused to go after the fraud and irregularities that had so openly taken place in the 2020 Presidential Election.”
5. “Even the Mueller investigation, which came out with a finding of NO COLLUSION, should have gone much faster, especially after knowing all of the information that was available and already at their disposal.”
6. “As everyone knows, my campaign was SPIED on, and Bill Barr did nothing about it.”
7. “I imagine that if the book is anything like him, it will be long, slow and very boring.“
8. “Now he is groveling to the media, hoping to gain acceptance that he doesn’t deserve.”
9. “When I saw that the Department of Justice was not doing their job, I have every legal right to ask them to so, in accordance with the law and the Constitution.”
“Doing their job” should be understood here as “not doing what I wanted them to do.” Which is not the same thing as their job.
10. “It is now a fact that my campaign was spied on. This is treason that has now been confirmed by John Durham.”
11. “Despite the many crimes committed by the Biden family, I did not push Barr to go after them.”
[narrator voice] There is no evidence that the Biden family committed any crimes, much less “many” crimes.
12. “While the things done were legendarily corrupt, I thought it would be inappropriate for me to get personally involved.”
Not just corrupt. “Legendarily” corrupt.
13. “As it turned out, they spied in 2016 and if possible, did far worse than that in 2020 — they RIGGED the Election.”
14. “Barr’s lack of energy, drive and curiosity led me to say things to him that should never have ever been necessary — but he was so lazy and cowardly, he just never quite understood what was going on.”
In Trump’s view, there are two unforgivable sins: Weakness and low energy. Barr had both!
15. “In other words, Bill Barr was a coward!”
Yes, you literally just said that.
16. “I never said ‘You must hate Trump,’ rather I said ‘If you didn’t see corruption in the Election, of which so much has already been revealed (and massive amounts up until this date,) than you are not capable of being Attorney General. You don’t have the energy or backbone to stand up to the Radical Left. Please give me your Letter of Resignation.'”
17. “The Election was totally corrupt, and we had no one fighting this corruption because Bill Barr did not have to the courage to do so.”
18. “I was President of the United States and was asked to make a speech on January 6. I went to the site, made my speech and returned to the White House.”
Trump conveniently leaves out what he told the crowd gathered for the “Stop the Steal” rally. “We fight like hell,” he said. “And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”
19. “If they had taken my offer, there would have been no ‘January 6’ as we know it.”
20. “Now the Witch Hunt continues with Shifty Adam Schiff, RINO Liz Cheney, and others on what I call the Unselect Committee.”
Unnecessary capitalization? Check. Name calling? Check. Yeah, this feels like a good place to end.